BUDINO is an OS based on LFS
for USB sticks or external drives. At the moment I'm still working on it and it is not available for download yet.
It will (hopefully) support the following features:
- compiled for 64 bit PC architecture (x86-64)
- boots from both UEFI and old BIOS PCs
- rich and light desktop environment with LXDE and rich applicaton set (we all have huge USBs and 2GB RAM, so we don't need to keep it obsessively small)
- changes are saved directly to USB drive (with large flush time in order to avoid drive corruption)
- complete C/C++ development environment
- includes some filesystem administration/recovery tools
- includes Mozilla Firefox with some extensions (adblock, downloadhelper, flagfox,...)
- minimal support for office tasks with Abiword + Gnumeric
- preload kernel module will provide faster application startup for Firefox, Abiword, the file manager, etc.
- distributed in raw image format for dd (or imagewriter.exe for Windows): the first boot takes longer time because resizes partition to fit the drive size.
Project status: immature, the first alpha release is a bit far away!
About project name: the Budino is a sweet Italian dish, usually rich and creamy.
Of course there is also a secret acronym below! It will be unveiled after the first official release :-)
not available yet