httpiccolo web file server
This project was initially born for personal needs: I just needed a minimal web file server, to be installed
on my own server and then I started to code it using Go.
- Very easy to install: it's just a static binary with no dependencies.
- Very easy to configure: on first start the user is asked only four questions
and the rest of the configuration is done using the administration web interface.
- All the configuration is saved in three json files in a directory reserved
for this purpose. The configuration can be modified from the administration web
interface (but the files can also be easily modified manually, if needed). You can
reset the configuration pointing to another directory or by simply deleting it.
At the moment the software is still in beta, but it works, it's quite stable and
hopefully without security bugs. So and I started using it for personal purposes on
The administration web interface can certainly be improved before the version 1.0
will be released. I also have already planned to add new features after 1.0.
- Download the executable binary for your OS.
- Just put the executable file in your filesystem and run it.
- You will be asked for questions and the the configuration directory will be created.
- By default a configuration subdirectory will be created in the same directory as the executable file.
If you want to use another path, use the command line argument -c to specify it.
- You can run "httpiccolo -h" to have a list of available command line arguments.